Tuesday, February 7, 2012

MALM Freestanding FIreplace

......................


It's the iconic modernist fireplace, right?




I know if I was building or remodeling a Mid Century home, one of these would go smack in the middle and I'd build everything else around it. Besides being the most visually-pleasing fireplace on the market, I've actually heard very good things about the efficiency and heat output of Malm.



This is the Fire Bowl 3 model with porcelain finish in "Slate." I would describe it as a malted chocolate color (a grey-tinged brown). I absolutely love the fat belly of the bowl and tulip-shaped base, which is more unique and less atomic-feeling than the typical cone shape.



Although it is one Malm's original Mid Century designs, they are still in production (bonus-replacement parts and accessories still available!) and this is actually a recent model. From what I understand, this particular model can be installed as close as 8" away from the wall. This is a major consideration if you have a small install space!



Typically these run about $3400, but it's available in the shop now for thousands less.


..................

2 comments:

Do you have something to say? I'd love to hear it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails