Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tie One On






I've never met a Vera scarf I didn't like. Hands down I think they are the best graphic/textile designs ever made. And the color palettes were totally delicious, don't you think?

I've tried wearing one tied around my head with big sunglasses a la Jackie O, but I looked like a cancer patient (no offense to cancer patients who likely look MUCH better than me in scarves and big glasses). Maybe if I had the LV luggage....




Then I remembered this surprisingly hip Martha Stewart tutorial on turning scarves into bags. A $1 thrift store find turned into a cool summertime tote with a few knots? The perfect lazy girl's project--cheap, and immediate gratification.





Of course, there's the obvious (and much blogged about) option of making scarves into pillows, but why wouldn't you? Unique pillows are in the $100+ range! :





This Etsy seller takes it farther with a scarf quilt, which could also be adapted as a wall-hanging project or to stand in as a headboard I think:





If you can sew a straight line, either is super easy.

Of course, I recommend the thrift store for sourcing your raw materials but Ebay is great in a pinch. Try searching under "lots" and for around $5 you can buy a whole bag of beauties to craft away with!


Pillows and quilt by Ouno Design

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to say? I'd love to hear it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails