Monday, July 19, 2010

Something Borrowed



I don't want to own this room, but I DO want to visit it. Specifically, every morning for coffee. Something about the light, the spareness, the giant old wardrobe, and even the wildly blooming wallpaper make it seem so fresh and inviting. I can envision leaning over (o.k., hovering over) a plate of warm chocolate croissants, sharing a laugh with a friend.

It reminds me of a decorating maxim: Design a room around how you want it to feel, not how you want it to look.



via Design Sponge

2 comments:

  1. This room reminds me of a parlor in a doll house. I can only imagine how my children would defile anything this lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nailed it, Anonymous! It feels exactly like a doll house!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something to say? I'd love to hear it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails