Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Decorating with Craigslist-Vintage Men's Club Inspiration

Inspired by the Down Town Association in Manhattan where Joanna Goddard was married, I put together a clubby, Anglophile room using only pieces available today on Craigslist, all for around $500.
Although I adore this look (Freemans Restaurant and Beekman's Hotel get it right, too) it's best when not taken too seriously.
If I were really designing this room, I would get a little cheeky and assemble a gallery wall of paint-by-number ships or regal pooches above the Chesterfield sofa.


Chinese red lacquered campaign cabinet ($50)...I would group orchids and blue and white Chinese porcelain on top of it.


Vintage green leather Chesterfield, the centerpiece of a clubby room ($200)


Vintage Persian rug, suitably faded and worn ($200)


Antique dresser ($100)...I would pile it with books and curiosities, maybe a ship-in-a-bottle and a lamp!



Antique Windsor chairs ($50)

A paint-by-number gallery wall example:



Dude. I kind of want this room.

2 comments:

  1. Thankfulness to my father who told me regarding
    this blog, this weblog is genuinely amazing.

    Stop by my web page: jackpot 6000 Jackpot 6000 []

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something to say? I'd love to hear it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails