Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Forbidden Fruit




Under what circumstances is it acceptable to pay $400 for a pear?

An Italian, screen-printed, limited edition, Enzo Mari pear?
I hem and haw about buying new underwear, or pencils, or a new broom, but heck yeah I'm trying to add "La Pera" to the week's budget.

I was trying to find images of the print installed in a home to get a sense of the look and scale...there are hardly any and mostly in Japan for some reason. Here is a pretty cool interpretation of the original from a Japanese blog.



I thought the color and scale would be a cool contrast to my intricate Cole & Son wallpaper in the "foyer" aka place where we dump our crap and the dog goes to shed a full flokati rug of fur every night. Unfortunately this photo looks like Martha Stewart threw up near my fabulous wallpaper, but you get the idea...intricate meets graphic. Yellow meets green. Contrast.




Plus I'm totally into Enzo Mari since I scored his Animali puzzle at the thrift store last year. You could call me a collector. With a foyer.

Also appearing under "images, La Pera" on Google, this hot Italian musical duo who are obviously going unicycling after they finish the photo shoot. Fruity indeed.

5 comments:

  1. Summer,

    How crafty are you? Because YHL posted on a DIY pear canvas a few years back.

    Here's the link: http://www.younghouselove.com/2009/08/the-perfect-pears/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah-I actually really, really like that! And now I know what everyone is talking about when they say YHL.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which one do you want, Molly? The guy on the right or the guy on the left??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, there's a cute yellow apple poster (you probably already spotted it on AT) here:

    http://finelittleshop.bigcartel.com/product/apple-papple

    (Yeah, I'm now an official YHL addict; they're perfect people that you can't help liking)

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something to say? I'd love to hear it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails